Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 87-43-150 Horoscope manuscript fragment
TitleHoroscope manuscript fragment
Other related names
- Godon, Victor L, former owner
- American Philosophical Society, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79007046)
Call numberPenn Museum 87-43-150
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Web)
- bibid: 9960730683503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Thai with some words in Sanskrit and Pali
- before 1837
Fragment of a horoscope manuscript that describes personal qualities, physical aspects, and time of death.
- Folios have a central hole.
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- Written before 1837 (date of later note).
- 9 leaves, the first a cover, versos foliated with payanchanas, kho through khuu (alphabetical ordering system, from the middle of an alphabetical sequence).
Extent1 item (9 leaves) : 5.7 x 36.8 cm +
- Housed at the Penn Libraries (cataloged as UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2990) on loan from the Penn Museum, 1955.
- Returned to the Penn Museum, 2022.
- Possibly formerly owned by Victor L. Godon, who served as a midshipman and surgeon in the United States Navy in the Pacific, and given by Godon to the American Philosophical Society in the 1830s (note in ink on an APS notecard, dated 17 November 1837, tied to upper cover), number L-122-249 (number in ink on note and upper cover).
- Astrology, Thai
- Astrology, Thai
- fragments (object portions)
- Manuscripts, Thai
Table of contents
- Upper cover — Later Western notes, Upper cover
12939_0000.tif (78.4 MB)
12939_0000_thumb.jpg (2.0 KB)
12939_0000_web.jpg (278.9 KB)
Section: Later Western notes, Upper cover
fol. Inside upper cover-1r
12939_0001.tif (78.4 MB)
12939_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
12939_0001_web.jpg (210.0 KB)