Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 89-13-250 89-13-250 Fragment from Phra Malai?
TitleFragment from Phra Malai?
Other related names
- Lyons, Elizabeth, former owner
Call numberPenn Museum 89-13-250 89-13-250
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9961953783503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript fragment that may be part of a Phra Malai manuscript.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on July 30, 2015).
- Written in 8-10 lines per folio.
- White khoi paper with writing in black; folded concertina- or accordion-style.
- Manuscript illustrated with images of monks.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 12.8 x 59.8 cm.
- Tape or paper glued to hinges for support covers some text.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (4 folios) :
- Gift of the Estate of Elizabeth Lyons, Keeper of the Asian Collections, University Museum, 1989.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Thai--Specimens
- Fragments (object portions)
- Folded books
- Illuminations (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 89-13-250 89-13-250: Fragment from Phra Malai? are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
2377_0000.tif (102.6 MB)
2377_0000_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
2377_0000_web.jpg (327.4 KB)
Decoration: Death of the Buddha, f. A01 left
Decoration: Collecting celestial water for funeral?, f. A01 right
2377_0001.tif (102.6 MB)
2377_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
2377_0001_web.jpg (353.4 KB)
Decoration: Monks on platform, f. A02 left
Decoration: 3 monks at base of stupa, f. A02 right