Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 89-13-334 89-13-334 Illuminated Thai manuscript fragment
TitleIlluminated Thai manuscript fragment
Call numberPenn Museum 89-13-334 89-13-334
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9961955783503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript fragment with one illuminated folio, with two halves of text folios on the verso.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on July 15, 2015).
- Written in 10 lines per folio.
- Khoi paper with text in black; originally folded concertina- or accordion-style, but now the illuminated folio is housed open and flat.
- Manuscript illustrated with images of Rama and Sita.
- Probably written and illustrated in the 1820s or 1830s, based on the use of only four colors (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 12.2 x 62.5 cm (folded), 25.5 x 62.5 cm (unfolded).
- Tape or paper glued to hinge and edges on verso.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (2 folios) :
- Gift of the Estate of Elizabeth Lyons, Keeper of the Asian Collections, University Museum, 1989.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Thai--Specimens
- Rāma (Hindu deity)--Art
- Sītā (Hindu deity)--Art
- Fragments (object portions)
- Folded books
- Illuminations (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 89-13-334 89-13-334: Illuminated Thai manuscript fragment are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.