Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 89-13-395 89-13-395 Illumination from Thai manuscript
TitleIllumination from Thai manuscript
Call numberPenn Museum 89-13-395 89-13-395
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9962729613503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Illumination cut from a folio of a Thai manuscript, showing farmers working and children playing by a river. The scene also includes water buffalo, fish, birds, two buildings, and a forest background. On the verso is text from the Phra Malai.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on September 17, 2015)
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- Written on khoi paper; manuscript originally folded concertina- or accordion-style, but this fragment of one folio is stored flat.
- Written and painted in Thailand in the late 19th century (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 28.3 x 24 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (1 folio) :
- Gift of the Estate of Elizabeth Lyons, Keeper of the Asian Collections, University Museum, 1989.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Thai--Specimens
- Fragments (object portions)
- Folded books
- Illuminations (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 89-13-395 89-13-395: Illumination from Thai manuscript are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.