Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 97-122-246 97-122-246 Siamese blank book
TitleSiamese blank book
Other related names
- Ruschenberger, W. S. W. 1807-1895, former owner
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, former owner
Call numberPenn Museum 97-122-246 97-122-246
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9962742193503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Blank folded book from 19th-century Thailand with notes in English on its upper cover.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on September 30, 2015)
- Khoi paper; folded concertina- or accordion-style.
- Covers attached, with borders of layers of paper.
- Made before 1836 (notes on cover).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 11 x 34.5 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (61 folios) :
- Obtained by W.S.W. Ruschenberger while fleet surgeon of the East India Squadron (1835-1837), in Bangkok in 1836, in Philadelphia by February 1866 (notes on cover).
- Presented by W.S.W. Ruschenberger while president of the Academy of Natural Sciences (1870-1882) to the Academy of Natural Sciences, 16 May 1876 (notes on cover).
- Gift of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1997.
- Folded books
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 97-122-246 97-122-246: Siamese blank book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Table of contents
- Upper cover — Provenance notes, Upper cover
2388_0000.tif (52.7 MB)
2388_0000_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
2388_0000_web.jpg (185.0 KB)
Section: Provenance notes, Upper cover