Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 97-122-248 Phra ʻAphaimanī. / พระอภัยมณี
- Sunthō̜n Phū, 1786-1855
Other related names
- Godon, Victor L, former owner
- American Philosophical Society, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79007046)
Call numberPenn Museum 97-122-248
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Web)
- bibid: 9960730973503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Digital facsimile of Book 6 of an epic poem of love and adventure.
- Written in 8 lines per folio.
- Covers with a border formed of additional layers of heavy paper.
- Title from the beginning of the verso side (f. B01).
- Folios are black charcoal khoi paper, with yellow cobalt script and some corrections in chalk; folded concertina- or accordion-style, including covers.
- Possibly written as early as 1822, probably written between 1828 and 1830 (Justin McDaniel).
Extent1 item (57 folios) : 11 x 34 cm
- Possibly formerly owned by Victor L. Godon, who served as a midshipman and surgeon in the United States Navy in the Pacific, and given by Godon to the American Philosophical Society in the 1830s (note in ink on an APS notecard, dated 17 November 1837, tied to f. 1).
- Housed at the Penn Libraries (cataloged as UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2992) on loan from the Penn Museum, 1955.
- Returned to the Penn Museum, 2022.
- Possibly formerly in the collection of Wat Thepdhitaram if written while the author was in the monastery there (Justin McDaniel).
- Epic poetry, Thai
- Epic poetry, Thai
- folded books
- Manuscripts, Thai
Table of contents
12942_0001.tif (117.3 MB)
12942_0001_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
12942_0001_web.jpg (207.7 KB)
Section: Title, f. A01 lower
12942_0028.tif (117.3 MB)
12942_0028_thumb.jpg (2.5 KB)
12942_0028_web.jpg (216.6 KB)
Section: Note, upside down in white chalk, f. A28 upper
12942_0030.tif (117.3 MB)
12942_0030_thumb.jpg (2.4 KB)
12942_0030_web.jpg (201.9 KB)
Section: Title, f. B01 lower
12942_0058.tif (117.3 MB)
12942_0058_thumb.jpg (3.1 KB)
12942_0058_web.jpg (293.1 KB)
Section: Text, upside down, f. B29 upper