Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E 153 Fragment of a Martyrology
TitleFragment of a Martyrology
Other related names
- Voynich, Wilfred Michael, 1865-1930, former owner (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n88244649.html)
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner (http://viaf.org/viaf/63874811/)
- Lewis, Anne Baker, former owner
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E 153
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
- deRicci: 182
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
This manuscript contains a fragment of a thirteenth-century martyrology.
- Fragment begins with the 22nd of February and runs to the 15th of September
- Folios are severely damaged in outer margins; extant folios are of variable sizes
- The collation is uncertain; folios 9 and 16 are now single but may once have been conjoined, in which case the collation formula would be 1-3 (8), 4 (6)
Extent30; bound to 257 x 160 mm
FoliationModern foliation in pencil, lower right recto
Collation1 (9, +9), 2 (6), 3 (9, +1), 4 (6)
- Obtained from W. M. Voynich by John Frederick Lewis, Philadelphia; given by his widow, Anne Baker Lewis, to the Free Library of Philadelphia in 1936
- De Ricci, Seymour, with the assistance of W. J. Wilson, Census of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the United States and Canada, vol. 2 (New York,: H. W. Wilson, 1935-40), p. 2058, no. 182.
- Free Library of Philadelphia, A Descriptive Catalogue of the John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts in the Free Library of Philadelphia, compiled by Edwin Wolf, 2nd, with an introduction by Dr. A.S.W. Rosenbach (Philadelphia: The Free Library, 1937), p. 166, no. 153 (+ Supplement).
- Lattanzi, Angela Daneu. "Di un manoscritto miniato esequito a Palermo nel terzo quarto del sec. XII e d'alcuni altri manoscritti, con osservazioni sulla scrittura siciliana pregotica." Accademie e Biblioteche d'Italia 32, nos. 4 & 5 (1964): 1-24. See p. 19 and fig. 23 (fol. 29v).
- 13th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia, Lewis E 153: Fragment of a Martyrology are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E 153: Fragment of a Martyrology. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — Fragment of a Martyrology; incipit: Apud sicilia[m] s[an]cto[rum] m[a]rtyrdo[m] septuaginta nove[m], quibus…ciano p[er] diversa torm[en]ta confessionis
- fol. 29v — Decorated initial N
Inside front cover
6529_0001.tif (84.7 MB)
6529_0001_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
6529_0001_web.jpg (231.2 KB)
6529_0002.tif (84.7 MB)
6529_0002_thumb.jpg (5.4 KB)
6529_0002_web.jpg (387.0 KB)
Section: Fragment of a Martyrology
6529_0059.tif (84.7 MB)
6529_0059_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
6529_0059_web.jpg (306.8 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial N