Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 1:15A Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 1:15A
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
Middle Rhine, Germany
- Initial P with the Nativity and Annunciation to the Shepherds and St. Helena holding the True Cross
- The theme of the initial, the Nativity with the Annunciation to the Shepherds, and the letter P indicate that this initial may have originally belonged in a gradual where it began the Introit for the Third Mass for Christmas Day, 'Puer natus est nobis ...' (For our sake a child is born).
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1480.
Extent124 x 217 mm
- 15th century
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 1:15A: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 1:15A: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.