Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 1:20 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 1:20
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial D with Angels Adoring the Christ Child
- Paper was made in Nackel near Posen; identified by watermark of a crowned escutcheon containing a doubled cross. This cutting can be dated to ca. 1530.
- This initial begins the Introit for the First Mass of Christmas Day, 'Domin[us] [di]xit ad me ...' (The Lord said to me).
Extent194 x 287 mm
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 1:20: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 1:20: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.