Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 5:16 Book of Hours
TitleBook of Hours
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 5:16
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Suffrages in books of hours were prayers dedicated to various saints and holy figures. The figures of God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Dove of the Holy Spirit represent the Christian doctrine of the Holy Trinity.
- The Holy Trinity, beginning the Suffrage to the Holy Trinity
- The numbers '81' and '86' are written in upper right corner of recto, indicating that this bifolium was once ff. 81 and 86 of the original manuscript.
- Text page with additional prayers for the Hours of the Virgin
- This opening was the 81st and 86th folio of the original manuscript. The text on this opening is not continuous and lacks four leaves that would have fit between the two pages.
Extent148 x 200 mm
- 15th century
- Book of Hours
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 5:16: Book of Hours are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 5:16: Book of Hours. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.