Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 8:4 Psalter-Hours
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 8:4
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial C with the Harrowing of Hell
- This initial belongs to a group of cuttings from the same manuscript now divided between the Free Library and the Bodleian Library at Oxford University. It originally marked the beginning of Compline of the Hours of the Virgin.
- This cutting has been dated to ca. 1270.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a psalter-hours.
Extent37 x 37 mm
- 13th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 8:4: Psalter-Hours are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 8:4: Psalter-Hours. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.