Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 9:16A Book of Hours
TitleBook of Hours
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 9:16A
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Adoration of the Magi
- This miniature once marked the beginning of Sext of the Hours of the Virgin. The Adoration of the Magi was commonly used to illustrate this hour. The hymn and psalm text on the reverse confirms this identification.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with a miniature from a book of hours.
Extent68 x 92 mm
- 15th century
- 16th century
- Book of Hours
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 9:16A: Book of Hours are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 9:16A: Book of Hours. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.