Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 15:8 Miniature depicting All Saints
TitleMiniature depicting All Saints
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 15:8
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
LanguageNo linguistic content, Not applicable
- Miniature depicting All Saints
- Lawrence of Rome, tonsured as deacon, with right hand holding instrument of martyrdom, gridiron. Stephen Protomartyr, tonsured as deacon, stone in head, with right hand holding martyr's palm and with left hand holding book on which are three stones. Denis of Paris, as bishop, with gloved hand holding mitered head. Tonsured deacon or monk. Christopher of Lycia, carrying Christ Child on shoulder, with staff. All nimbed, except the Christopher, and accompanied by group of nimbed saints, most with only nimbi visible and tops of four martyr's palms visible.
- Many thanks to Jessica Savage of the Index of Christian Art for her contribution on this image.
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 15:8: Miniature depicting All Saints are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 15:8: Miniature depicting All Saints. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.