Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 17:2A Antiphonary
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 17:2A
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial H with the Birth of the Virgin
- This initial begins the first response for the first nocturn of Matins of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, 'Hodie nata est beata Virgo Maria...' (Today is born the blessed Virgin Mary). It presents a domestic rendering of the Virgin's birth in which St. Anne, the mother of the Virgin, is assisted by a midwife.
- This image shows the reverse of cutting with an historiated initial from an antiphonary.
Extent131 x 120 mm
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 17:2A: Antiphonary are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 17:2A: Antiphonary. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.