Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 21:1 Book of Hours
TitleBook of Hours
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 21:1
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial P with the Cross
- This initial begins the hymn 'Patris sapientia, veritas divina ...' (The wisdom of the Father, and truth divine) recited during Matins of the Hours of the Holy Cross, which begins at the top of this leaf.
- This leaf is numbered 'ccxxiii' (223) on recto in upper right corner from the original foliation.
- This image shows the reverse of a leaf removed from a book of hours. It contains text from Matins of the Hours of the Holy Cross. The initials 'FH' around a cross design in the lower left corner are probably those of a previous owner.
Extent71 x 107 mm
- 15th century
- Book of Hours
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 21:1: Book of Hours are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 21:1: Book of Hours. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.