Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 25:20 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 25:20
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
Massa Marittima?, Italy
- Initial I with the Raising of Lazarus
- This initial, perhaps from an antiphonary, has been severely trimmed. It appears to be an 'I' beginning the first response of the first nocturn of Matins for the Friday after the Fourth Sunday of Lent, 'In mari viae tuae, et semitae tuae in aquis multis...' (Your ways in the sea, and your paths in many waters). This response is sometimes illustrated by the Raising of Lazarus in other antiphonaries.
- Inscribed magical incantation
- The inscription on the reverse of this cutting, written in Italian and added at a later date, appears to be a magical chant associated with Psalm 10 printed on a piece of paper attached to the cutting.
Extent57 x 137 mm
- 14th century
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:20: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:20: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.