Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 25:32 Undetermined
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 25:32
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial Q with St. Blaise of Sedaste with his curry comb
- St. Blaise, bishop of Sedaste in Armenia, was martyred in 316. His feast day is February 3rd. According to his legend, he was beaten by his persecutors who tore his flesh apart with wool combs and then beheaded him. In this initial, he is shown holding the instrument of his torture: the wool comb.
Extent75 x 87 mm
- 15th century
- Song book
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:32: Undetermined are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 25:32: Undetermined. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.