Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 27:4 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 27:4
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- In this initial, a group of Dominican friars, identified by their white and black robes, stand in adoration below the figure of God. Although the precise moment in liturgy that the initial begins remains to be identified, one can surmise from the iconography that the original choir book belonged to a Dominican convent. This initial was illuminated by an artist working in the circle of the Italian painter Neri da Rimini, whom documents show to have been active in the early fourteenth century.
- Initial A with Dominican friars adoring God
Extent168 x 247 mm
- 14th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 27:4: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 27:4: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.