Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 28:6 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 28:6
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
Lombardy, Milan?, Italy
- Initial N with St. Peter in prison
- This initial begins the Introit of the Mass for the feast of St. Peter in Chains, 'Nunc scio vere quia misit Dominus angelum suum...' (Now I can tell for certain that the Lord has sent his angel). According to the Acts of the Apostles, Peter was persecuted by Herod Agrippa and thrown into prison for preaching the Christian faith (Acts 12:1-23).
- Image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a gradual.
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1400.
Extent70 x 75 mm
- 14th century
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 28:6: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 28:6: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.