Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 29:5 Gradual
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 29:5
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial C with St. Laurence of Rome
- This initial begins the Introit for the feast of St. Laurence (Aug. 10): 'Confessio et pulchritudo in conspectus eius ...,' (Glory and beauty wait on his presence). The illumination has been attributed to the Milanese illuminator Venturino Mercati, active in the third quarter of the fifteenth century.
- This cutting can be dated to ca. 1470.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with an historiated initial from a gradual.
Extent117 x 117 mm
- 15th century
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 29:5: Gradual are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 29:5: Gradual. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.