Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 29:6 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 29:6
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- Initial S with Job in prayer
- This initial, beginning an unidentified chant, was painted by an anonymous illuminator known today as the Master of Montemorcino Antiphonary Q, who was responsible for the illumination of one of a group of choir books made for the Olivetan Monastery of Montemorcino in Perugia. It is unclear at this stage to which choir book in the group this initial belonged.
- This is the reverse of a cutting with an historiated iniatial from a choir book.
Extent203 x 188 mm
- 15th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- Historiated initial
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 29:6: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 29:6: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.