Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 29:18 Choir book
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 29:18
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- This miniature likely once marked the beginning of a chant sung during Christmas Day. Following a tradition found in Byzantine art, the Nativity takes place in a cave rather than the stable. In the Middle Ages, Italian artists were heavily influenced by their eastern neighbors, especially after the fall of Constantinople in 1204, which sent many artists fleeing to Italy.
- This image shows the reverse of a cutting with a miniature from a choir book.
Extent68 x 95 mm
- 13th century
- Song book
- Musical notation
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 29:18: Choir book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 29:18: Choir book. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.