Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis E M 44:11 Missal
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLewis E M 44:11
(Philadelphia, United States, Free Library of Philadelphia, John Frederick Lewis Collection of European Manuscripts)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- This image shows a leaf of a bifolium from a missal that was reused in a later binding. The decorated initial is really the monogram of the initials VD, for the beginning of the Preface of the Holy Trinity, 'Vere dignum' (Truly it is right). The work of two scribes is evident in this opening. The scribe working on the recto of the opening is later than the scribe on the verso.
- This image shows a leaf of a bifolium from a missal that was reused in a later binding. The text is from the Preface of the Canon of the Mass.
- This image shows a leaf of a bifolium from a missal that was reused in a later binding. The miniature once prefaced the Canon of the Mass in the original manuscript.
Extent392 x 285 mm
- 13th century
- These images and the content of Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 44:11: Missal are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Free Library of Philadelphia Lewis E M 44:11: Missal. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Lewis E M 44.11 opening
8053_0000.tif (87.8 MB)
8053_0000_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
8053_0000_web.jpg (307.7 KB)
Lewis E M 44.11 front
8053_0001.tif (119.4 MB)
8053_0001_thumb.jpg (7.2 KB)
8053_0001_web.jpg (333.7 KB)