Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis O 84 Iʻtiqādīyah-i Mullā Ṭughrā. / اعتقاديه ملا طغرا
TitleIʻtiqādīyah-i Mullā Ṭughrā.
اعتقاديه ملا طغرا
- Ṭughrā-yi Mashhadī, active 17th century
- Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
Other related names
- Jān Sipār Khān ibn Rustamdilkhān, -1701?, former owner
جان سپار خان بن رستمدلخان،
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Lewis, Anne Baker, 1868-1937, donor
Call numberLewis O 84
(Philadelphia, Free Library of Philadelphia, Rare Book Department)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- between 1650 and 1710
A poem in praise of the fourth Caliph, ʻAlī ibn Abī Ṭālib, copied onto gold sprinkled paper.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 1v).
- An owner's stamp and note (f. 1r). The name in the note is Jān Sipār Khān ibn Rustamdilkhān ibn Jān Sipār Khān al-Ḥusaynī al-Mukhtār al-Sabzawārī; the note also mentions that this was a gift from Nawwāb Ṣāḥib Qiblah Nawwāb Mukhtār Khān in the year 1122 A.H. (1710 CE). The name in the seal is the same, with a different formulation: Jān Sipār Khān, Khānahʹzād-i Shah-i ʻĀlam Pādishāh Muʻaẓẓam Pādishāh-i Ghāzī, 1121 A.H., year 3.
- Typwritten note in purple ink pasted in: "A specimen of fine calligraphy with seal of Emperor Aurangzeb" (f. 12v).
ExtentI, 12, i leaves : 210 x 118 (133 x 70) mm bound to 216 x 128 mm
FoliationContemporary foliation in black ink, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingBound in modern black cloth.
Textblock is gold sprinkled with border-rules in gold, black and red; the last line of each stanza is in red and framed in its own section; gold rules between columns and around sections.
- Formerly owned by Jān Sipār Khān ibn Rustamdilkhān (stamp and note f. 1r).
- Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Persian poetry--1500-1796
- Persian literature--1500-1796
- Persian literature
- Persian poetry
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Manuscripts, Oriental
- Manuscripts, 17th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Stamps (Provenance)
- Annotations (Provenance)
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 84: Iʻtiqādīyah-i Mullā Ṭughrā. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 84: Iʻtiqādīyah-i Mullā Ṭughrā.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- fol. 12v — Note pasted in
Inside front cover
9782_0001.tif (60.1 MB)
9782_0001_thumb.jpg (2.3 KB)
9782_0001_web.jpg (129.8 KB)
9782_0027.tif (60.1 MB)
9782_0027_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
9782_0027_web.jpg (171.4 KB)
Decoration: Note pasted in