Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis O 87 Three poems on piety.
TitleThree poems on piety.
- Rājū Qitāl, Yūsuf, -1372 or 1373
- Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
Other related names
- Qādirī, ʻAbd al-Qādir, active 1845, scribe
قادري، عبد القادر،
- Perkins, Oliver Henry, -1912, former owner
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Lewis, Anne Baker, 1868-1937, donor
Call numberLewis O 87
(Philadelphia, Free Library of Philadelphia, Rare Book Department)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
- 1261 A.H. (1845)
Three poems related to pious behavior by three different authors, copied together in the same hand.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Catalog entry, number 530, pasted in (first front flyleaf recto).
ExtentIii, 204, iii leaves : 242 x 140 (152 x 76) mm bound to 243 x 145 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingBound in black leather with blind stamped central mandorla, two pendants on the vertical axis and cornerpieces with a frame of blind-stamped dots; red leather doublure.
Illuminated headpiece in gold, blue, pink; textblock border-ruled in beige and blue; page-opening frame-ruled in blue; columns ruled in beige; rubrications in red.
- Formerly owned by Oliver Henry Perkins (bookplate first front flyleaf verso).
- Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Islam--Prayers and devotions
- Religious life--Islam--Poetry
- Islamic poetry, Persian
- Islamic poetry, Persian
- Religious life--Islam
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Manuscripts, 19th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Prayers and devotions
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 87: Three poems on piety. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 87: Three poems on piety.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — Illuminated headpiece
Inside front cover
9625_0001.tif (80.6 MB)
9625_0001_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
9625_0001_web.jpg (320.0 KB)
9625_0009.tif (80.6 MB)
9625_0009_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
9625_0009_web.jpg (330.7 KB)
Section: [Three poems on piety].
Section: Maslak al-akhyār
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece
9625_0209.tif (80.6 MB)
9625_0209_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
9625_0209_web.jpg (235.8 KB)
Section: Tuḥfat al-naṣāyiḥ
9625_0353.tif (80.6 MB)
9625_0353_thumb.jpg (4.4 KB)
9625_0353_web.jpg (221.9 KB)
Section: Madḥ-i mashāyikh