Collection ID: 0023 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lewis O 90 Tuḥfah-ʼi Shāhidī. / [تحفۀ شاهدى]
- Shāhidī Dadah Mughlavī, Ibrāhīm ibn Ṣāliḥ, 1470 or 1471-1550 or 1551
شاهدى دده مغلوى، ابراهيم بن صالح،
- Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
Other related names
- Muḥ̣ammad Amīn, active 1801, scribe
- Lewis, John Frederick, 1860-1932, former owner
- Lewis, Anne Baker, 1868-1937, donor
Call numberLewis O 90
(Philadelphia, Free Library of Philadelphia, Rare Book Department)
PublisherFree Library of Philadelphia
LanguagePersian and Ottoman Turkish
- 1216 A.H. (1801 or 1802)
Neatly written copy of a Persian-Ottoman Turkish vocabulary in verse.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Catalog entry, number 354, pasted in (first front flyleaf verso). The typewritten number 1842 pasted in upside down (first front flyleaf verso).
ExtentI, 68, ii leaves : 192 x 124 (120 x 67) mm bound to 191 x 132 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingBound in green leather over pasteboard which has been cut for an inlay mandorla and two pendants on the vertical axis so that faint impressions are visible under the leather, with flap (Type II); gilt-stamped frame; doublure of marbled paper in brown, blue and pink with yellow paper endleaves sprinkled in silver. Manuscript comes with a red leather carrying case, with marbled paper interior and the same gilt-stamped frame as the codex, a red textile pull with a gilt-stamped leather tab, partially deteriorated, connects to the inside.
Illuminated headpiece in gold with purple, blue, and yellow flowers and green leaves and stems with purple and red borders and red and blue finials along the top (f. 1v); textblock border-ruled in double gold and red; columns ruled in double gold; page-opening ruled in narrow gold; rubrications in red.
- Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis (bookplate, first front flyleaf verso).
- Persian language--Glossaries, vocabularies, etc.--Turkish
- Persian language--Dictionaries--Turkish
- Persian poetry--1500-1796
- Persian language
- Persian poetry
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Manuscripts, Turkish
- Manuscripts, Oriental
- Manuscripts, 19th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Illuminations (painting)
- Full covers
- Envelope flaps (features)
- Islamic bindings (Binding)
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 90: Tuḥfah-ʼi Shāhidī. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 90: Tuḥfah-ʼi Shāhidī.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — [Tuḥfah-ʼi Shāhidī].
- fol. 1v — Illuminated headpiece
Inside front cover
9624_0001.tif (57.2 MB)
9624_0001_thumb.jpg (7.0 KB)
9624_0001_web.jpg (572.8 KB)
9624_0005.tif (57.2 MB)
9624_0005_thumb.jpg (6.6 KB)
9624_0005_web.jpg (456.0 KB)
Section: [Tuḥfah-ʼi Shāhidī].
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece
Inside back cover [flap open to show design
9624_0144.tif (77.2 MB)
9624_0144_thumb.jpg (9.8 KB)
9624_0144_web.jpg (807.1 KB)
Back cover [flap opened to show design
9624_0145.tif (78.1 MB)
9624_0145_thumb.jpg (5.9 KB)
9624_0145_web.jpg (615.1 KB)
Back cover [flap closed
9624_0146.tif (57.2 MB)
9624_0146_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
9624_0146_web.jpg (449.1 KB)
Fore edge [flap closed, inside front cover
9624_0148.tif (12.5 MB)
9624_0148_thumb.jpg (1.2 KB)
9624_0148_web.jpg (58.2 KB)
Fore edge [flap open
9624_0149.tif (12.5 MB)
9624_0149_thumb.jpg (1.7 KB)
9624_0149_web.jpg (94.0 KB)