Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v224 Pew rents, Christ Church, 1780 March
TitlePew rents, Christ Church, 1780 March
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.) (http://viaf.org/viaf/139662090)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
- local-identifier: 184.108.40.206, v224
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
The practice of renting pews was common in 18th and 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript is a record of pew rents due to Christ Church in March 1780. Entries are listed alphabetically by last name, with pew number, number of seats, sums due and sums paid.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Pews and pew rights
- Church finance
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Episcopal Church
- Account books
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v224: Pew rents, Christ Church, 1780 March are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.AccountingWardensPewRentAccountBooks_v224: Pew rents, Christ Church, 1780 March. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
9259_0001.tif (71.7 MB)
9259_0001_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
9259_0001_web.jpg (217.5 KB)