Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons744 Benjamin Dorr sermon 744, "Keeping the heart," 1851-1865
TitleBenjamin Dorr sermon 744, "Keeping the heart," 1851-1865
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
Benjamin Dorr served as rector for Christ Church from 1839 to 1868, and undertook the difficult job of holding the congregation together during the Civil War. This sermon lays out Reverend Dorr's thoughts on Proverbs 4:23, "Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life." The inside front cover notes seven dates Reverend Dorr delivered this sermon, from 1851 to 1865.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Bible. Old Testament
- Bible. Proverbs
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Dorr, Benjamin, 1796-1869
- Episcopal Church
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons744: Benjamin Dorr sermon 744, "Keeping the heart," 1851-1865 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons744: Benjamin Dorr sermon 744, "Keeping the heart," 1851-1865. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
9630_0001.tif (81.5 MB)
9630_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
9630_0001_web.jpg (192.5 KB)