Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons881 Benjamin Dorr sermon 881, "The Christian Calling," 1858-1864
TitleBenjamin Dorr sermon 881, "The Christian Calling," 1858-1864
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
Reverend Benjamin Dorr served as rector for Christ Church from 1839 to 1868, and undertook the difficult job of holding the congregation together during the Civil War. This sermon lays out Reverend Dorr's thoughts on Ephesians 4:1-3, "Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, with all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering forbearing one another in love; endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." The inside front cover notes six dates Reverend Dorr delivered this sermon, from 1858 to 1864.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Bible. Ephesians
- Bible. New Testament
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Dorr, Benjamin, 1796-1869
- Episcopal Church
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons881: Benjamin Dorr sermon 881, "The Christian Calling," 1858-1864 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons881: Benjamin Dorr sermon 881, "The Christian Calling," 1858-1864. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.