Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons960 Benjamin Dorr sermon 960, "Vows in Affliction," 1862
TitleBenjamin Dorr sermon 960, "Vows in Affliction," 1862
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
Reverend Benjamin Dorr served as rector for Christ Church from 1839 to 1868, and undertook the difficult job of holding the congregation together during the Civil War. This sermon lays out Reverend Dorr's thoughts on Psalms 66:13-14, "I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows, which my lips hath uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble." The inside front cover notes that Reverend Dorr delivered this sermon twice, in July and October of 1862.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Bible. Old Testament
- Bible. Psalms
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Dorr, Benjamin, 1796-1869
- Episcopal Church
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons960: Benjamin Dorr sermon 960, "Vows in Affliction," 1862 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.BenjaminDorrSermons960: Benjamin Dorr sermon 960, "Vows in Affliction," 1862. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
12028_0001.tif (80.9 MB)
12028_0001_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
12028_0001_web.jpg (152.1 KB)