Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.Deeds Deeds, 1695, 1702
TitleDeeds, 1695, 1702
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (http://viaf.org/viaf/123165129)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
Two copies of the indenture made on November 15, 1695, from Griffith Jones to Joshua Carpenter, for a parcel of land at Second Street in the Towne of Philadelphia, for the yearly rent of "Tenne pounds of currant silver money." One copy for Jones, and one for Carpenter. Two copies likewise of the 1702 deed by which Jones extinguished the ground rent, for the consideration of 150 pounds, and clarifying that Carpenter's name was used by "special nomination and appointment" of the community of Christ Church, and that the lot is to be used for the perpetual public worship of God, in the Christian religion as practiced by the Church of England.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Church history
- Church property
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Episcopal Church
- 17th century
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.Deeds: Deeds, 1695, 1702 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.Deeds: Deeds, 1695, 1702. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.