Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.GeorgeWashingtonLetter1799 George Washington letter, 1799
TitleGeorge Washington letter, 1799
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 (https://viaf.org/viaf/31432428)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
Letter from George Washington to William White, Bishop of Pennsylvania and long-time reverend of Christ Church, dated May 30, 1799, thanking White for sending a sermon on "the duty of Civil obedience as required in Scripture." White had served as Chaplain of the Continental Congress, and Washington had regularly attended services at Christ Church. Washington died on December 14, 1799.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Washington, George, 1732-1799
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Episcopal Church
- White, William, 1748-1836
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.GeorgeWashingtonLetter1799: George Washington letter, 1799 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.GeorgeWashingtonLetter1799: George Washington letter, 1799. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.