Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv100 William White sermon 49, "Of Working Out Salvation"
TitleWilliam White sermon 49, "Of Working Out Salvation"
- White, William, 1748-1836 (https://viaf.org/viaf/23313303)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
- local-identifier: v. 100
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
William White (1748-1836) was born and educated in Philadelphia, and served as Rector of Christ Church and St. Peter's Church for 57 years. He also served as Chaplain of the Continental Congress, Chaplain of the Senate, the first presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church of the United States, and a long-time trustee for the University of Pennsylvania. In this sermon, Reverend White discusses his thoughts on Philippians 2:12-13, "Work out your own salvation with Fear and Trembling: for it is God which worketh in you, both to will and to do, of his good Pleasure."
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Bible. New Testament
- Bible. Philippians
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- White, William, 1748-1836
- Episcopal Church
- 18th century
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv100: William White sermon 49, "Of Working Out Salvation" are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv100: William White sermon 49, "Of Working Out Salvation". This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.