Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv115 William White sermon 191, "Of a sure foundation"
TitleWilliam White sermon 191, "Of a sure foundation"
- White, William, 1748-1836 (https://viaf.org/viaf/23313303)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
- local-identifier: v. 115
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
William White (1748-1836) was born and educated in Philadelphia, and served as Rector of Christ Church and St. Peter's Church for 57 years. He also served as Chaplain of the Continental Congress, Chaplain of the Senate, the first presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church of the United States, and a long-time trustee for the University of Pennsylvania. In this sermon, Reverend White discusses his thoughts on Matthew 7:24-27, "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Bible. New Testament
- Bible. Gospels
- Bible. Matthew
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- White, William, 1748-1836
- Episcopal Church
- 18th century
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv115: William White sermon 191, "Of a sure foundation" are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv115: William White sermon 191, "Of a sure foundation". This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.