Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv128 William White, Additions to Sermons for the Assylum, for Visitation, and for the Mariner's Church
TitleWilliam White, Additions to Sermons for the Assylum, for Visitation, and for the Mariner's Church
- White, William, 1748-1836 (https://viaf.org/viaf/23313303)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
- local-identifier: v. 128
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
William White (1748-1836) was born and educated in Philadelphia, and served as Rector of Christ Church and St. Peter's Church for 57 years. He also served as Chaplain of the Continental Congress, Chaplain of the Senate, the first presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church of the United States, and a long-time trustee for the University of Pennsylvania. In this bound volume, Reverend White noted additions to sermons he wrote "for the Assylum, for Visitation, and for the Mariner's Church." The "Assylum" was likely the Orphan Assylum, also known as the Orphan Society, and the Mariner's Church was, as its name implies, a church for the seamen who regularly visited the port of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Visitations (Church work)
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- White, William, 1748-1836
- Mariner's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Orphan Society of Philadelphia (Pa.)
- Episcopal Church
- 18th century
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv128: William White, Additions to Sermons for the Assylum, for Visitation, and for the Mariner's Church are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv128: William White, Additions to Sermons for the Assylum, for Visitation, and for the Mariner's Church. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.