Collection ID: 0034 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv130 William White, Additions to Sermons for the Advancement Society, Theological Seminary, Orphan School and House of Refuge.
TitleWilliam White, Additions to Sermons for the Advancement Society, Theological Seminary, Orphan School and House of Refuge.
- White, William, 1748-1836 (https://viaf.org/viaf/23313303)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA)
- local-identifier: v. 130
PublisherChrist Church, Philadelphia, PA
William White (1748-1836) was born and educated in Philadelphia, and served as Rector of Christ Church and St. Peter's Church for 57 years. He also served as Chaplain of the Continental Congress, Chaplain of the Senate, the first presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church of the United States, and a long-time trustee for the University of Pennsylvania. This text is a collection of additions Reverend White wrote for sermons delivered to "the Advancement Society & the Theological Seminary & Orphan School & H [House] of Refuge." The Advancement Society was a missionary organization, and the House of Refuge was an alternative to prison, meant to reform "juvenille delinquents."
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- General Theological Seminary (New York, N.Y.)
- House of Refuge (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- White, William, 1748-1836
- Society of the Protestant Episcopal Church for the Advancement of Christianity in Pennsylvania
- Orphan Society of Philadelphia (Pa.)
- Episcopal Church
- 18th century
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv130: William White, Additions to Sermons for the Advancement Society, Theological Seminary, Orphan School and House of Refuge. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Christ Church Philadelphia has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Christ Church, Philadelphia, PA ChristChurch.WilliamWhiteSermonv130: William White, Additions to Sermons for the Advancement Society, Theological Seminary, Orphan School and House of Refuge.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.