Collection ID: 0035 | Metadata type: TEI | |
EpiscopalDiocese.StPaulParishRegister1866-1888 Parish register, 1866-1888
TitleParish register, 1866-1888
- St. Paul's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/159521020)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives)
PublisherEpiscopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives
Record of baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, and burials performed for the members of St. Paul's Episcopal Church, as well as offerings made to the church, from 1866 to 1888. Extended sequences of empty openings have not been scanned, page numbers make jumps accordingly. In addition, pages 261, 262, 271 and 272 are missing, the former having been cut from the book, and the latter having fallen out. Baptisms are listed chronologically by date the baptism was performed, beginning on page 110, which is image 16. Entries cross two pages, recto and verso, and include place of baptism, name, birthdate and sometimes birthplace, name of parents and witnesses, signature of the clergyman who performed the baptism, and other notes such as whether the person baptized was suffering from an illness. Confirmations are listed chronologically beginning on page 218, which is image 80. If the person was also baptized at St. Paul's during this time period, the page on which their baptism is recorded is also noted. Communions are listed chronologically beginning on page 234, which is image 94. Entries span two pages, recto and verso, and include notes on whether the communicant later died or was transferred or removed from the church. Marriages are listed chronologically beginning on page 278, which is image 134. Entries span two pages, recto and verso, and note the place of the wedding, the names of the bride and groom, their ages at the time of marriage and respective towns of residence, and the signature of the clergyman who performed the ceremony, as well as other notes such as the bride and groom's place of birth, their occupations, and parent's names and residence. Burials are listed chronologically beginning on page 310, which is image 158. Entries span two pages, recto and verso, and include the decedent's name, age at time of death, place of burial, and signature of clergyman who performed the funeral, as well as other notes including decedent's residence, and their date and cause of death. Offerings are listed chronologically beginning on page 326, which is image 174. Entries include the amount raised and the object of the offering, such as a hospital, school, or mission, or people in need such as orphans, widows or victims of a fire.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Church records and registers
- Registers of births, etc
- Baptismal records
- Marriage records
- Burial records
- Church fund raising
- St. Paul's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Episcopal Church
- Registers (Lists)
- 19th century
- These images and the content of Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives EpiscopalDiocese.StPaulParishRegister1866-1888: Parish register, 1866-1888 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives EpiscopalDiocese.StPaulParishRegister1866-1888: Parish register, 1866-1888. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.