Collection ID: 0035 | Metadata type: TEI | |
EpiscopalDiocese.WilliamWhiteJournal Journal of the meetings that led to the formation of the diocese, 1784-1790
TitleJournal of the meetings that led to the formation of the diocese, 1784-1790
- White, William, 1748-1836 (https://viaf.org/viaf/23313303)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives)
PublisherEpiscopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives
In 1784, members of the vestry of the United Churches of Christ Church and St. Peter's and the vestry of St. Paul's appointed a committee to confer with the clergy of their respective churches, "on the subject of forming a representative Body of the Episcopal Church in this State." They wrote a letter, signed by chairman William White, to all Episcopal churches in Pennsylvania, asking them to send delegates to a meeting at which general principles and a framework of governance would be established. This bound manuscript includes William White's journals documenting the formation of the Diocese of Pennsylvania in 1784, as well as the institution of a convention of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the state of Pennsylvania, and minutes from the first six such conventions, up to 1790.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Corporate minutes
- Church meetings
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Pennsylvania
- Christ Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Episcopal Church
- White, William, 1748-1836
- St. Peter's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- St. Paul's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- United Churches of Christ-Church and St. Peter's (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives EpiscopalDiocese.WilliamWhiteJournal: Journal of the meetings that led to the formation of the diocese, 1784-1790 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Archives EpiscopalDiocese.WilliamWhiteJournal: Journal of the meetings that led to the formation of the diocese, 1784-1790. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.