Collection ID: 0039 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MikvehIsrael.HaymSalomonManuscript Haym Salomon manuscript, ca. 1782
TitleHaym Salomon manuscript, ca. 1782
- Salomon, Haym, 1740-1785 (https://viaf.org/viaf/57413985)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Congregation Mikveh Israel)
PublisherCongregation Mikveh Israel
Manuscript with cover sheet, which describes the manuscript thusly: "Haym Salomon Manuscript, in hand of a professional amanuensis, of Salomon's own account of the purchase of the property and the financing of the construction of Synagogue Mikveh Israel in 1782, including his own pledge of one-fourth the cost, 'Be it what it might.' Salomon describes the difficulties with Jonas Phillips which almost led to the latter's excommunication." Cover page indicates the manuscript is from the collection of Sigmund and Felicia Harrison of Ardmore, Pa.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- Congregation Mikveh Israel (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Congregation Mikveh Israel MikvehIsrael.HaymSalomonManuscript: Haym Salomon manuscript, ca. 1782 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Congregation Mikveh Israel has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Congregation Mikveh Israel MikvehIsrael.HaymSalomonManuscript: Haym Salomon manuscript, ca. 1782. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.