Collection ID: 0040 | Metadata type: TEI | |
ABHS.FBCOrphansBook1795 Orphans book, 1795
TitleOrphans book, 1795
- First Baptist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/138474365)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Atlanta, United States, American Baptist Historical Society)
PublisherAmerican Baptist Historical Society
On February 16, 1795, the members of First Baptist Church established "a fund for the relief of Orphans and other indigent Persons." This bound manuscript contains details of how the fund was established and administered, and a list of members who paid an annual contribution to the fund in order to insure those in their charge would receive aid upon their death. Identifying information includes subscriber names, parents' names, birthdates, birthplaces, contributions paid and dates of death.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Church records and registers
- Church finance
- Registers of births, etc
- Church fund raising
- First Baptist Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Registers (Lists)
- 18th century
- These images and the content of American Baptist Historical Society ABHS.FBCOrphansBook1795: Orphans book, 1795 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, American Baptist Historical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about American Baptist Historical Society ABHS.FBCOrphansBook1795: Orphans book, 1795. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.