Collection ID: 0041 | Metadata type: TEI | |
GloriaDei.ArchivumAmericanum Archivum Americanum, 1724-1786, 1891
TitleArchivum Americanum, 1724-1786, 1891
- Gloria Dei Church (Philadelphia, Pa.) (https://viaf.org/viaf/267021391)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
(Philadelphia, United States, Gloria Dei Church, Philadelphia, PA)
PublisherGloria Dei Church, Philadelphia, PA
Archivum Americanum contains summaries, extracts and copies of correspondence between the archbishop and consistory of Upsal in Sweden and the missionaries sent to Swedish parishes along the Delaware river, including churches in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey. Entries date from 1724 through approximately 1786, but begin with a "Prefatory Note" dated 1891. Topics include but are not limited to: requests to replace pastors who have passed away, opinions on the use of English in liturgy, personal controversies, official meeting minutes, and the welfare of members during the American Revolutionary war. A register of the members of various parishes makes up the rear portion of the volume. Some pages are in Swedish.
- Philadelphia Congregations Early Records Project (https://philadelphiacongregations.org)
- ATLA Digital Library (https://dl.atla.com/collections/philadelphia-congregations-early-records-project)
- Parish missions
- American Revolution (United States : 1775-1783)
- Lutheran Church
- Gloria Dei Church (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Records and correspondence
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Gloria Dei Church, Philadelphia, PA GloriaDei.ArchivumAmericanum: Archivum Americanum, 1724-1786, 1891 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Gloria Dei Church has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Gloria Dei Church, Philadelphia, PA GloriaDei.ArchivumAmericanum: Archivum Americanum, 1724-1786, 1891. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.