Collection ID: 0043 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Misc. Ms. Collection Temple Bowdon Short account about the status of Dhimmīs
TitleShort account about the status of Dhimmīs
Other related names
- Temple Bowdon, former owner
Call numberMisc. Ms. Collection Temple Bowdon
(Philadelphia, United States, American Philosophical Society)
PublisherAmerican Philosophical Society
Item is undated and place of copy is unknown; a note on the back says "given me at Paris 1822 by Sir Sidney Smith". Probably produced in the later 18th or early 19th century; probably produced in the later 18th or early 19th century
Acquired in Paris
Copy of a portion of what purports to be al-ʿUhdah al-ʿUmarīyah, attributed to ʿUmar ibn al-Khaṭṭab, about the status of non-Muslims (dhimmīs) in Jerusalem.
Extent1; 425 x 279 mm
- "Given me at Paris 1822 by Sir Sidney Smith" (verso)
- Dhimmis (Islamic law)
- ʻUmar ibn al-Khaṭṭāb, Caliph, -644, attributed name
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 18th century
- Manuscripts, 19th century
- These images and the content of American Philosophical Society Misc. Ms. Collection Temple Bowdon: Short account about the status of Dhimmīs are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, American Philosophical Society has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about American Philosophical Society Misc. Ms. Collection Temple Bowdon: Short account about the status of Dhimmīs. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- Recto — [Short account about the status of Dhimmīs]