Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 11831 Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר)
TitleMegilat Ester (מגלת אסתר)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 11831
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1600 and 1699
The Book of Esther.
- Small diagonal creases at edges.
- One usage stain.
- Ivory with lacunae in bone, and also small splits where dried out.
Extent3 membranes, 18 columns.; 3 membranes, 18 columns.
BindingBM in-house (boxed).
- Acquisition: Acquired by the British Museum from Rev. Thomas Butler on 05 July 1841: inscribed on verso.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 11831: Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 11831: Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
9946_0004.jpg (38.7 MB)
9946_0004_thumb.jpg (1.6 KB)
9946_0004_web.jpg (63.0 KB)
Section: מגלת אסתר
Section: Megilat Ester