Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 11833 Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר)
TitleMegilat Ester (מגלת אסתר)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 11833
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1500 and 1599
The Book of Esther.
- Innermost margin yellowish, possibly from lying against roller.
- Slight stains on verso.
- Outer end darkened by mould and dirt, continuing at edges.
- Roller handle missing.
Extent3 membranes, 11 columns.; 3 membranes, 11 columns.
BindingBM in-house (boxed).
- Acquisition: Acquired by the British Museum from Rev. Thos. Butler on 05 July 1841: inscribed on verso.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 11833: Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 11833: Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.