Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 19250 The Pentateuch scroll, so-called 'Kaifeng Torah Scroll.'
TitleThe Pentateuch scroll, so-called 'Kaifeng Torah Scroll.'
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 19250
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1643 and 1663
The Pentateuch scroll, so-called 'Kaifeng Torah Scroll.'
- One liquid spill.
- A few cuts/tears at edges.
- Some erasures. Slight dirt.
- Pleats and folds (not obscuring text).
Extent95 membranes, 239 columns.; 95 membranes, 239 columns.
BindingBM in-house. Boxed.
- Acquisition: Presented to the British Museum by the Society for Promoting Christianity among the Jews on 11 December 1852: inscribed on verso.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 19250: The Pentateuch scroll, so-called 'Kaifeng Torah Scroll.' are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 19250: The Pentateuch scroll, so-called 'Kaifeng Torah Scroll.'. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.