Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 21967 Medical work by Avicenna.
TitleMedical work by Avicenna.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 21967
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1449
Medical work by Avicenna.
- Usage stains.
- Pigment loss in ink at first coloured initial word.
- Large strips of leather lost on board leather. Also thickness losses at edges & corners of the board.
Extent295 folios; 295 folios
BindingPost-1600. Dark brown leather. Spine: 'Ibn Sina. Kanun. Hebrew. Vol. I and II. Brit. Mus. Additional 21,967.'
- Eliyahu ha-Rofe ben Shabtai Naftali
- Acquisition: Rev. A. Löwy: purchased by the British Museum from him on 25 April 1857: inscribed (f. [296v]).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 21967: Medical work by Avicenna. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 21967: Medical work by Avicenna.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
add_ms_21967_control2.jpg (4.9 MB)
add_ms_21967_control2_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
add_ms_21967_control2_web.jpg (219.2 KB)