Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 26947 Kabbalistic writing.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 26947
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1600 and 1699
- Damp entry at corners.
- Severe stains at top corner towards end, occasional elsewhere.
- Ink degrading, with some burn-through of heavily inked letters.
Extent98 folios; 98 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Abraham Azulai. Chesed Le Abraham. Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Additional 26,947.'
- Acquisition: Giuseppe Almanzi (b. 1801, d. 1860), bibliophile; his manuscript no. 56: his library including 322 medieval Hebrew manuscripts were purchased en bloc by the British Museum in October 1865 for £1,000 through Asher & Co., Berlin bookseller and dealer to the British Museum: inscribed, folio [100v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 26947: Kabbalistic writing. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 26947: Kabbalistic writing.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
add_ms_26947_control1.jpg (3.1 MB)
add_ms_26947_control1_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
add_ms_26947_control1_web.jpg (197.7 KB)