Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 26973 Tehilim (תהילים)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 26973
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1499
The Psalms, not punctuated.
- Avraham: inscribed, folio 1r.
- A former owner's name on the inside of the front cover is not legible, but his father's name was Yitsḥaḳ of Cologne. Written in Italian cursive script.
Extent129 folios; 129 folios
BindingPost-1600, brown leather with gold tooling. Gilt edges. Boxed.
- Acquisition: Giuseppe Almanzi (b. 1801, d. 1860), bibliophile; his library including 322 medieval Hebrew manuscripts were purchased en bloc by the British Museum in October 1865 for £1,000 through Asher & Co., Berlin dealer to the British Museum, 1841-1853 (131-153): inscribed folio ([130r]).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 26973: Tehilim (תהילים) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 26973: Tehilim (תהילים). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
add_ms_26973_fcontrol1.jpg (3.3 MB)
add_ms_26973_fcontrol1_thumb.jpg (5.8 KB)
add_ms_26973_fcontrol1_web.jpg (290.0 KB)