Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 27074 A kabbalistic treatise by Natan ben Reuven Shapira.
TitleA kabbalistic treatise by Natan ben Reuven Shapira.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 27074
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1600 and 1699
A kabbalistic treatise by Natan ben Reuven Shapira.
- Defective at the beginning.
- Lacunae before folios 6, 8, 43.
- Damp entry at head and sometimes foredge with occasional staining.
- Patches of worming.
Extent305 folios; 305 folios
BindingPost-1600. Vellum over boards with (faded) paste paper sides. Spine: 'Nathan Spira. Derashoth. Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Additional 27,074.'
- Acquisition: Giuseppe Almanzi (b. 1801, d. 1860), bibliophile; his manuscript no. 179: his library including 322 medieval Hebrew manuscripts were purchased en bloc by the British Museum in October 1865 for £1,000 through Asher & Co., Berlin dealer to the British Museum (see 131-153): inscribed, folio [307v] (fse002v).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 27074: A kabbalistic treatise by Natan ben Reuven Shapira. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 27074: A kabbalistic treatise by Natan ben Reuven Shapira.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
add_ms_27074_control1.jpg (2.9 MB)
add_ms_27074_control1_thumb.jpg (4.3 KB)
add_ms_27074_control1_web.jpg (243.0 KB)