Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 27170 A collection of medical prescriptions taken from diverse sources.
TitleA collection of medical prescriptions taken from diverse sources.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 27170
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1499
A collection of medical prescriptions taken from diverse sources.
- Usage stains.
- Folio 154r: the names of the signs of zodiac and seven planets in Hebrew and Latin.
- Folio 155v-156r: a list of books in a late Italian cursive script.
Extent156 folios; 156 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Sepher Rephuoth. Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Additional 27,170.'
- Acquisition: Giuseppe Almanzi (b. 1801, d. 1860), bibliophile; his manuscript no. 280: his library including 322 medieval Hebrew manuscripts were purchased en bloc by the British Museum in October 1865 for £1,000 through Asher & Co., Berlin dealer to the British Museum 1841-1853: inscribed, folio [158v] (fse002v).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 27170: A collection of medical prescriptions taken from diverse sources. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 27170: A collection of medical prescriptions taken from diverse sources.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
add_ms_27170_control1.jpg (2.7 MB)
add_ms_27170_control1_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
add_ms_27170_control1_web.jpg (218.0 KB)